Monday, July 28, 2008

Money, Money, and More Money

Slowly but surely we are getting the house in order. Most of what is left to put away are pictures to hang and all of Chris's stuff. I've decided he can put away his own stuff. I think I've also decided to keep him out of the kitchen, his cleaning up after himself skills leave something to be desired.

I started my new job today as a bank teller! I think it will be fun. Everyone I work with is so nice, friendly, and helpful. The lady I'm training with is wonderful, she's a sweet German woman and has trained several people. She and the teller manager frequently go back and forth between speaking German and English, so they jokingly told me my training includes German too! I just stand there and smile because I have no idea what they are talking about. We take care of all kinds of money, including dollars, euros, pounds, krones, swiss francs, and a few others. The hardest part is learning the computer system so I can process everything. But I waited on customers today successfully! I get to go to the training school in Mainz the last two weeks of September, it's supposed to be very informative and fun. It's nice to get out and meet people, I've really only been in contact with the people in Chris's office. One of my coworkers is having a BBQ this weekend, Chris and I are going to go and make friends! That's another neat thing about being a bank teller, I get to meet and interact with all different kinds of people.

Mother nature has kicked the furnace back up in Germany, it's hot and it's supposed to be hot all through August. Too bad all my work clothes are winter weight, huh? I was so hot today, I'm still hot now. I bet Callie is really toasty, I should brush her tonight. I have two windows open behind me as I sit on the futon, and I have to guard them so she does not try to jump out them for she will slide down the roof and that would be traumatic.

I finished my quilt! It's beautiful, and so comfortable. Chris and I think it's extra comfortable because I put so much work into it. I have the holes in my fingers to prove it! I've decided I need to find thimble gloves, just one thimble won't do it. Each time I find a new fabric/sewing store I check for any kind of thimble (I'm hoping to find the rubbery ones) I don't find any thimbles at all, maybe the German sewers are just that tough.

Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think every man's clean up skills in general leave something to be desired. haha

I am glad you enjoy your job so far and are meeting people! w00t!

:-)