Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Autobahn, here we come!

Today Chris and I took the German drivers license test - and we both passed! I earned a 97%, and Chris a 90%. It's a very large step to our newfound German independence.

Tomorrow we will test-drive our car, and take it to another base for the military inspection, then the dealer will send it for it's BMW inspection. We may rent a car until ours is ready to go.

This evening we met with our landlord who gave us our keys!!! I'm so excited. The backyard has plenty of grass, but the front yard has a pretty tree and lots of weeds. I'm going to stop by a Blumen and find pretty flowers to plant. We also signed the papers for electric and gas, and earlier today I set up our land phone line and DSL service.

Our shipments are coming! The unaccompanied baggage will be delivered on July 7, and the household goods shipment will be here at the end of July, one whole month before I expected it! I'm not a material person, but I think I'll feel more comfortable and at home when I have familiar surroundings.

1 comment:

Gennie said...

Woo-hoo, way to go Katie and Chris! Now you can zip all around in your little car!