Saturday, August 2, 2008

August is Here

We successfully survived another week in Germany. I'm happily typing this post on Chris's computer, we fixed it! Well, "we" didn't fix it, we went to Chris's supervisor's house and I held the 5 day old newborn while the husband replaced our power source. He was a sweet baby, but it is definitely not my time for one. I'm happy to hand them back when they cry.

I like my job! I caught on pretty quickly and worked successfully through busy payday yesterday. I'll be going to training school in Mainz the last two weeks in September, just as I've already figured everything out, oh well. Tonight we're going to a barbeque at one of my coworker's homes, I made fruit salad.

Chris had to work all day today, so I had the house to myself. I didn't even stay home, I went out and about in Kaiserslautern. I bought a few tops and a skirt for work, it gets very very hot without air conditioning and most of my clothes are heavier for winter. I also found pretty yarn, I'm addicted. I ventured to a furniture store for a clothes drying rack so I don't have to waste so much electricity running the dryer, yay! As I was browsing, I realized the furniture there was the same type of furniture at IKEA, so we'll either try the third time's the charm, or just go local.

The olympics start soon! Chris promised we would get an AFN decoder so that I could watch them, they will be broadcast on the AFN channels. I love the olympics. When I was little I pretended to be a gymnast and a diver.

I had a moment of panic about my job choice yesterday when I by chance met the middle school band director. He claims I'm more qualified than he is to teach band, he only has a music minor. But I don't have a degree in education. He told me to give him a call when school started, he's a brass player and I would be of good help to the woodwinds. It made me think why didn't I check with the schools?!? But I've convinced myself it's just fine. I wanted to move to Europe and do something totally different, take a step back from all the craziness and start over. That's just what I did. I have a nice job that allows me to work with all kinds of people, and at the end of the day I'm done and don't have to take work home. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out what it is that I want to do, I change my mind every week. How ironic that I've graduated college with a double major and I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

1 comment:

babyrollins said...

yay i love watching the olympics too!!! especially gymnastics and diving... i knew there was a reason we've stayed friends so long :-)

ps the trials were amazing... i watched those too