Monday, July 14, 2008

Learning New Things Every Day

We finally got our car! It's amazing, it drives so smoothly. Chris and I are thrilled to be driving a BMW, it's a dream come true!

This weekend we drove to Mannheim to IKEA on a mission for a new bed. The trip was much less than successful, the store wouldn't take our debit cards because of the VISA logo, they automatically assumed it was a credit card. I personally find it odd that a large furniture store does not accept credit cards, but what do I know. So they wouldn't take our money, then they did, and once we found out we would have to pay extra because we don't live in their delivery zone we decided that was enough and cancelled the order. But they didn't want to give our money back, because they thought it was a credit card. Our account is supposed to be credited within the week. The employees just kept sending us here, there, and back again, and out of the 10 employees we worked with only ONE was nice to us, just ONE. The whole experience puts me off from IKEA, but I think maybe we'll try again next weekend with the store in the opposite direction, supposedly we're in their delivery area.

It's so much harder to get things done here! I'll think, okay here's what I need to do and how I'll do it, but then 10 extra steps I didn't know about turn up in the middle. It's so frustrating, and I feel like I never get anything accomplished.

Tomorrow is FMO day! The military furniture office is bringing us a sofa and a kitchen table, among other things but notedly the most important! Callie will be so excited to have furniture to snuggle up on.

Today I went to Praktiker, the German equivalent of Lowe's. I found lots of plants and it was exciting! I bought lavender, daisy-things, and a grassy-thing to plant, and I'm going to take Chris back with me so we can pick out a few more plants! Maybe I should read up on this whole gardening thing, before I kill innocent foliage.

No comments: