Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Settling In

I think we are settling into our German life more and more each day. Since I've started working we've been building a routine. Speaking of work, I was promoted today! I will now be a customer service representative, yay! Chris and Callie are very proud, I've only been working there a week and a half.

Chris is at football practice with the guys from his office. He's fitting in really well and he's doing great with his new job. Now, if only I could get him to put his dishes in the dishwasher :-)

I started my next quilt this week! It's a green and beige log cabin, I'm cutting lots and lots of strips with my rotary cutter. Pretty soon I'll need to find a sewing machine, there's no way I'm sewing all those strips by hand! Callie likes to lay right on the cutting board while I'm working, and I have to be careful to move her and not cut her! She likes to walk all over me while I'm sleeping too, I'm going to have to do something about that.

The other evening Chris and I ventured out on one of the numerous surrounding bike/walking trails and it was so peaceful and beautiful. We walked past cornfields (and felt very at home), up and down hills, and watched as the sun was slowly setting. We are the luckiest people in the world, living in the most beautiful place! I always hear about people stationed here who don't want to be here and I feel sad because it's such an amazing experience and there's so many people who do want to be here yet never get the chance.

Here's the latest cutest photos from the Callie Cam, as she's about the only thing I've been taking pictures of lately. She likes to play in a big packing box with lots of packing paper, we left it out on the third floor for her to have fun in. She also likes to take naps with her mommy and daddy!

No comments: