Friday, August 22, 2008

Promotion!

Chris earned a promotion to the next rank, staff sergeant!!! The results came out on Wednesday, and he was specially selected to be promoted (along with 12000 others) because of his hard work and test scores, rather than just being in the air force for several years. He just put on his current rank, senior airman, in January and he did that six months early because he's so great! And now, a mere eight months later, he's selected for staff sergeant! I'm so proud. We went to the promotion party yesterday and lots of people from his office came to congratulate him and punch him on the arms where his stripes are. So in the air force when you get promoted, you also get beat up. He won't put on the new stripe until next summer, he has to go to some special staff sergeant trainings and schools.

The brand new aquatic center is opening on base the first week in September! I went this week to buy a year-long swim pass, and toured the facility, I'm excited to swim in the mornings after dropping Chris off before I go to work.

Our house is so big! I cleaned for hours yesterday and I don't even feel anywhere near done. But we love our place so much! I'll get it organized eventually.

I've had a lazy workweek this week, only 5 hours a day, so I've cooked dinner each night. Chris's tummy is very happy. It's getting easier to cook for him, I'm starting to get this meal planning thing all figured out.

It feels so weird to not be headed back to school this fall! This is the first year I haven't gone to school since I was 4 years old. I miss it a little bit, but I suppose that's what happens when you go to college for 4 1/2 years, you get used to it. I don't miss it enough to want to go back (to my undergrad days) but I am a little nostalgic. I think I even miss music a little bit, because this is the first chance I've really had the opportunity to miss it. Chris asked me if I miss it enough to pick up my flute, and I said no not the flute, but maybe I'll plug the keyboard into a transformer and see how it goes.

No comments: