Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So It Begins

We had a deployment briefing this morning. Chris ran around all day still trying to outprocess, which won't be done before he and JR leave. Lopez can't get Wed or Thurs off to spend with JR or take the guys to the airport. We decided today that I wouldn't be able to take them, though I offered. There's no way I could make it back home, so they're going to take a shuttle. This afternoon I did laundry and started organizing Chris's stuff so the packing process goes easier. While sorting through his military gear I dumped out his chem bag and burst into tears. It's so weird because I always just see that stuff in the movies, but here it is in real life belonging to my husband and he's going to be in the desert using it. He's leaving so soon, it feels so real and so unreal at the same time. Tomorrow we'll be buying some last minute items and packing up Chris's life for the next 9 months.

No comments: