Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Maggie Has a Little Lamb

I got to play with a lamb yesterday! My pal Maggie lives on a farm, and I go to her house on Tuesdays after work. Last week after I left, a sheep gave birth to two lambies! Apparently sheep only take one of their young, so Sophie the second lamb is living in Maggie's basement while it's too cold outside for her to live in the barn yet. We went downstairs and played with her, she likes to jump around. She was so soft! Right before I left it was feeding time so I was able to feed her milk from a bottle, she was so precious.

I have been doing lots of cleaning and organizing. I need to go to Ikea this weekend and pick up a few essentials to help keep our belongings in order.

Work is busy! Lots of people are moving to Ramstein right now so we have lots of accounts to open, and the audit to prepare for. Now we're supposed to move into the new KMCC by June 1, last time we were told May 1, and as I understand this delay has been going on for 2 years. Supposedly it will really happen this time. I have a feeling we'll be in the middle of the huge building with no windows, I'll have to run outside now and then for some sunshine and fresh air!

Sewing is going well, I finished my recent quilt and hemmed 3 pairs of my pants (I'm short and pants are long). I'm about to start on my next quilt, it will be super cute!

Chris is very busy at training, learning the gamut of army life. This week he is learning how to drive a humvee. He was supposed to stop at Ramstein on his way down range, but just this morning I saw a note that he won't be, I haven't heard the details yet. We don't get a chance to talk very often, just a few times a week. When we do talk, we look at houseplans together and talk about how nice it will be to move to Georgia when we're done with our exciting 3 year european adventure.

Callie has been great at keeping me company and entertained, we play and snuggle a lot. She was feeling under the weather for a bit, but she's perked back up. The other day another cat was in our yard and she meow-howled! It was hilarious. I'm pretty sure she was defending her yard.

Lamb!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hmmmm.... that lamb looks remarkably similar to a goat.