Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rainy Day

Today the weather was decently warmer and very rainy. I spent the day quilting, scrapbooking, and quilting some more. Yesterday was more of the same. Though my scrapbooking subject was different: I volunteered on base to scrapbook memories of a family whose mother suddenly passed away last month. She had tons of pictures but hadn't scrapbooked them yet, so a huge station was set up in one of the school gyms for people to come help. I went in the morning and took the donations we collected at the bank, and I went back in the evening too. While I was there, a nice lady was sewing a quilt the mother had bought fabric for. I talked to her, and she's in the local quilt guild. She emailed me with details of when the guild meets, and I'm excited to go!

Piano lessons were super fun this week. Nicholas was nice and calm, a new change. He kept me on track this week! Ashleigh rocked at her lesson, she did extra theory work last week and it really clicked for her! I love giving piano lessons.

Wednesday was a fun day. It snowed all day! It was more like snow chunks than snow flakes, the pieces were large! I went to see a counselor, who I think is really going to help me stay sane while Chris is gone. I also went to my favorite furniture store and picked out my sofa set which I bought on friday! I went to downtown Kaiserslautern for the afternoon to walk around and shop in the snow. I went to base to check the mail, and I visited with my friend Nate who is the OU representative, we talked about masters programs. They have a Human Relations masters, which is psychology with a business world name. That means the bank may pay for my degree! And you know me, I can never have enough school or degrees. It's pretty cool though, the degree is exactly the same as the stateside degree because OU actually flies out their own professors to teach the classes!

My friend Melanie invited me over to her place for dinner on thursday. Her husband made us swedish meatballs, and we watched the American Idol auditions in Kansas City. I was hoping to see someone I knew, but maybe it's better that I didn't ;-).

Work has been okay. I've been getting weirdos lately. I guess it was a full moon last week, maybe this week will be better. I'm working on my first US-spec used car loan, it's exciting. Is it odd to think that loans are exciting? It's pretty powerful to be a loan officer.

No comments: