Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Alas, 2009 has begun. Today I feel okay about it, but my feelings are on a rollercoaster with Chris being gone for 3/4 of the year. We had a nice New Year's eve, I drank sparkling grape juice (red and white mixed together, the best) and Chris had beer. We snuggled on the couch watching the first season of 24 till midnight. In Germany the tradition is to set off fireworks for the new year, so we opened up the blinds and watched a beautiful show in our town. It reminded us of the 4th of July.

We received more Christmas boxes in the mail! Annie and Chris sent us the sweetest family plaque, I love it! The Quattlebaums sent us lots of cool stuff as well. Callie received a new laser pointer from Bandit, her new favorite toy! She loves it!Thank you everyone! We did finally take down the Christmas tree. As luck would have it, I started feeling better once it was gone, now we know not to get that kind again next year, if only we could remember what kind of tree it was.

Chris is leaving this week, so we've been spending all our time together. The other day we bought toiletries and necessities, and I found a few sudoku books for entertainment while he's traveling. He still has to pack, but he has to have his nametapes sewn on his new uniforms first. That will be tomorrow's project. He's leaving out of the Frankfurt airport, and I haven't decided yet if I will go with him to the airport or not. I'm not sure I will be able to make it home if I go. I have a list of things to do to keep myself entertained while he is gone, but it will be very hard not having him around. I have lots of quilts to make, lots of scrapbooking to do, lots of things at work, and I have lots of friends to keep me company. Everyone I work with and that Chris works with says I can call anytime, as well as our sweet neighbor across the street and a super nice friend that Chris knew at Whiteman who is here. Callie cat will be there for me always, my fuzzy little best friend. I don't know what I would do without my kitty!

Christmas #2

No comments: