Thursday, October 9, 2008

Music Fun

Yesterday I gave my first piano lesson! It was lots of fun, and I'm excited to be teaching kids music. I even practiced a little myself! One of the girls I work with has a degree in violin performance, we're thinking about putting together a duet for the bank Christmas party. It's a much more positive experience to make music now that I can do whatever I want with it.

Chris received the award of airman of the quarter for the wing staff agencies! I'm so proud of him. He was honored with a big fancy plaque that has two silver pens on it.

I stayed home sick today :-( so Callie and I lounged in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy season 2 all day.

As I hang more pictures on the walls, I get better and better at nailing into stone. I did try to put a screw in the stone, that obviously didn't go so well. I want to hang my fancy wedding clock from my Aunt Lois and Uncle Basil! It's too heavy for nails, and Chris said we could get a thingy-thing from the hardware store and be able to use screws. Yes, thingy-thing is a technical term.

Chris and I voted with our absentee ballots! I was quite surprised with the differences in voting between Missouri and Georgia, Chris had to mark his ballot with pen! I always get a cute little pencil in the package with my absentee ballot.

No comments: