Friday, September 19, 2008

Second Week in Mainz

Yay, training was awesome! I flew right through it, earning 100% on my final role play, sent back to my branch with a level of "minimum" supervision (the lowest possible), and recommendation to return to credit training in the near future! I learned a lot, and it was an exciting break from the normal bank scene, but I must say I am pleased to be back home with Chris and Callie and get back into our routine. I'm also glad to be home because I was sick all week :-(

Maggie's 11 month old lab puppy came to stay with her for the last 3 days of training! We took him on long walks through the city park, which I fell in love with. It's huge, with animals, a beautiful flower garden, an aviary, mini-golf, fountains, playgrounds, and who know what else because we didn't explore it all!

Today I walked on the Ramstein Flight Line! The Ramstein Officer's Spouse's Club is hosting their huge fall Bazaar, and it's located in hangars and tents on the flight line. It was pretty cool watching planes take off and land in the near distance while I explored.

I have a lazy 3 day weekend I plan to fill with plenty of sleeping, reading, and quilting. Plus, Chris and I are planning and reserving our trip to the Mediterranean! We're going to go stay in Agrigento on the island of Sicily in Italy! There's beaches, Ancient Greek temples, and of course Italian food, how much better could it get!

No comments: