Sunday, September 28, 2008

Farm Fest

Today we went to a Farm Festival in a nearby town! It was lots of fun. We walked around the vendor's booths and saw cute halloween stuff, soaps, pasta, salami, wooden cutting boards, cleaning brushes, jewelry, all kinds of stuff. The best part was when we walked over and found the huge display of pumpkins!!! We got some food, well Chris got a brat and I was going to get pumpkin soup but they ran out. After eating we picked out a beautiful handmade basket, then filled it with pumpkins!!! I went back to the booths to buy some cute ghosties, but only one was left and I talked myself out of it because he had a goofy smile. But I bought fall leaves instead to put in my vase. It was a beautiful area, especially since it was covered in pumpkins! There was a really nice golf course, so I imagine we'll go back there sometime.

Callie was bad yesterday! I let her roam the yard while I was watching tv and when I called her she didn't come, she had gone into the next yard and was playing in the bushes. She still wouldn't come, so I had to bribe her with treats. I think I'm going to have to break the leash back out. Maybe I can find a longer one so she can roam the yard more freely, but still be contained. She;s happy now though because Chris and I dissected her water fountain and removed the furry cat hair that was blocking the pump, now it flows freely!

On Thursday I ate at an Indian restaurant for a girl I work with's going away party. It was the best Indian restaurant I've been to! I'll have to take Chris soon, he couldn't go because he was working. Last night I went to a party at a friend's house while Chris was working away. I'm thinking maybe we'll have a Halloween party! How fun would that be! Once we get through this week Chris's schedule will be much better. When we got here he was in charge of the customer service counter, then he was on quality assurance (checking all the documents from the customer service counter), and now he's in budget to help with the end of the fiscal year. He may end up staying in budget until he leaves in March. Personally, I like him in budget better, but as long as he's happy I'm ok. When he's working customer service he doesn't have a free second for anything, he can't call me to tell me anything, he doesn't even get more than a 5 minute lunch. In budget he gets his hour lunch, he can take a second and call me if necessary, it's a lot easier to contact him. So we'll see what happens.

On Tuesday I'm having my sewing machine lesson at the store I purchased it! It should be interesting, the nice German man who sold it to me's son will be teaching me, and his wife will be translating. Really I want to know how to clean it and keep it up, I've completed all the squares for my quilt top and now I'm starting to sew the squares together, so I pretty much get the basics. I haven't had much luck finding fabric around here, though there is a huge fabric store in Berlin. I think I may order some fabric online, JoAnn's is having a fabric sale this weekend online.

1 comment:

babyrollins said...

yay i'm glad you found a place for the picture!