Friday, June 20, 2008

Where shall we live?

We are so far north that it is 10:19 pm and I can still see light outside, though the sunset is almost over. It was a lovely day, Callie and I lounged in the garden this evening. Earlier this afternoon, Chris and I went to base to call landlords and make appointments to see houses. We also scoped out the PX (it has german-capable electronics), the credit union on base, and cell phones. This evening we had 2 appointments to see housing! The first was an apartment in a building that the family lived in as well. It was beautiful on the outside, and the inside was nice but it was a bit small. I totally missed the master bedroom, Chris said it was just inside the entryway. There was a laundry room in the basement, which we would share with the family. Our next stop was a duplex on a street on the outskirts of a village that has an amazing view. The moment we stepped inside the door, I fell in love! It is the most beautiful place! I want it, can you tell? We still have a few appointments, so we decided to see another place we are interested in tomorrow, and then pretty much decide. I seriously doubt there will be another place as wonderful as the duplex, I assume they will mostly be like the apartment. We also visited an apartment in an apartment building that Chris's friend wants us to take because she's moving, but even after she saw the duplex she said forget her place, go with the duplex. It is exciting to go see places, I've never had the chance to pick one out since I moved into the apartment my roomie had been living in for 2 years already, though I loved it. I am interested to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: