Monday, February 23, 2009

Round 2

Chris left for the middle east today :-( It was harder to say goodbye at the airport, but easier to come home to the empty house. I don't think it has really set in yet. I treated myself to a little retail therapy in K-town, I found some great quilt fabric. My neighbor across the street invited me over for dinner and we had a nice time.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day, we are in Fasching which is the German version of Mardi Gras. There will be lots of parades all afternoon, I hope I'll be able to get home from work!

My new favorite holiday in Germany is Easter! Remember all those Christmas markets I posted about? Germans also have Easter markets! There is a fantastic one the first weekend in March at a very historic monastery, I'm excited to check it out.

It was great to have Chris home for a week. It was nice just to be together again, even for just a little while.

Chris leaving

No comments: