Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jetlag

Oh jetlag, why must you make my body not sleepy at 11pm? At least I have plenty of energy to study and finally figure out my photo posting situation! Due to lack of computer knowledge, I have not posted a blog in oh, 5 months because I could not figure out how to upload the photos on my new iMac. But today, I overcame my obstacle.

The first album is from our trip to Amsterdam over Easter weekend. It was very pretty and we enjoyed exploring the squares and canals. Chris's favorite museum was the Heineken Brewery. I loved the flower market and the Anne Frank House. Touring the Anne Frank House was an amazing experience. We walked through the hidden staircase behind the bookshelves and walked among the rooms where they hid during WWII. Otto Frank did not allow the museum to be furnished, but there were photos in each room depicting the layout from the time of use.

Amsterdam April 2010


The second album shows the events of my travels home to Missouri over the past two weeks. It was so great to be home, I can't believe it has been 2 years since I was last there. I spent time with my parents, granny, and aunt Donna, as well as high school and college friends. Joe and Erin were married last Saturday and I was honored to help as a bridesmaid. The wedding was beautiful, and I'm so happy for my two wonderful friends. Of course, I was quite thrilled to walk down the aisle with Harry too :-)

Missouri 2010


Oh kitty cats. Phooey is growing so big! I look at photos of her as a little kitten and I can't believe she was once that tiny. Callie has had a bit of a traumatic time; she was sick and one day escaped for a romp around the neighborhood. Since the climax of her illness, lots of time at the vet, and new eating habits Callie has slimmed down to a healthier size and is so playful and active! Since her little jaunt around the block, both Callie and Phooey are wearing collars with nametags. Callie doesn't mind as she has worn one before, but Phooey is confused about her new jingling sound and tries to bite off the tags.

Kitties Spring 2010


Chris has been working very hard as well as taking classes at one of the universities on base. I don't get to see him much, and I always remind him to leave a photo on his pillow so that I don't forget what he looks like. After being indecisive for over a year we finally decided that Chris would re-enlist in the military and the ceremony was before I flew to Missouri. We have one more year here in Germany, and a long list of travel destinations that is impossible to complete. We are to the point of choosing our absolute desired places to visit, and leaving the rest for another time. We should find out our next base around January. I have been busy as well, I just got a promotion to a higher level of customer service representative at the bank and I am in full swing with my master's classes, as well as taking guitar lessons and giving piano lessons.

1 comment:

Me said...

Katie!! You updated your blog! Yay!! I'm glad you are back from the States so we can hang out now (once you recover from the jet lag and feel human again). We missed you!

Chrissy, PJ, Lily, Sammy and Benny
www.friendshipwineandlaugher.blogspot.com