Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's my birthday!

This morning Chris made me pancakes! We hopped in the car for a birthday adventure to visit the Frankfurt Christmas market! Now that was what I had imagined a Christmas market to be. It was full of food, beautiful woodcarvings, and other crafts. Oh, and people too. We found a pretty lantern to burn a tealight in, an owl instrument that you blow in and it makes the owl "whoo" noise!, and two pretty carved wooden trees. Chris also found lots of bratwurst, too. We stopped by the Mainz Christmas market as well, which was much tighter as the stalls were very close together. I bought mint oil, we used it at training in the afternoons to refresh our minds for the rest of the day. I usually need a pick-me-up after lunch, so I think it will work out well. We found an ice cream cake, and now we're having a relaxing evening at home.

Yesterday was my work Christmas party! It was a lot of fun. We did Christmas trivia and had a grand meal. My friend Marisa has a violin performance degree, so we got together and worked up Christmas duets to perform, everyone loved it! We had a goodbye to Barb who is moving to Hawaii, and we learned about Christmas from our friends from other countries. It was really nice.

24th Birthday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted this to you on facebook, but I thought it'd be fun to see it here too! Sooo...

Happy Happy Birthday
From Chris and I to You
We Wish We Were in Germany
To Celebrate With You!!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a fun day browsing the markets! :-D