Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Lightly Snowy Saturday

Apparently, our precious kitty Callie has given up her taste of finer things, such as fluffy quilts and pillows, to sleep in more meager places. Exhibit A: here she is snoozing in the latest package from my parents. Who needs fluffy cotton when you have a cardboard box and bubble wrap?



It's so nice to be back in my house sleeping in my bed! Though Chris and I have spent most of today cleaning the house, last week while I was in Mainz he started working 12 hour shifts, and barely had the energy to make dinner. I had a relaxing week in Mainz, but school was difficult! I learned how to process loans. Some of them are great, but then there are the used auto loans which require a long paper trail of collateral documents. But I still think it's cool that I can do loans now.

This week is Chris's birthday on Wednesday, and Thanksgiving! I was planning on making us a small turkey feast, but now I'll be making much more food. We're going to his friend Camana's where there will be lots of people from Chris's squadron who don't have any family around. So I'm making lots of yummies. It will be fun, as long as the oven actually works, sometimes it is fickle.

This is also the week that the German Christmas Markets open!!! I am very excited to experience Christmas in Germany!

No comments: